About Me

My photo
I am the emperor of Rome. I can be imperious,am easily flattered, very superstitious, and ambitious to become the king of the Roman state.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The First Warning Of March 15th:

The First Warning Of March 15th
        
          This was the day that could have changed my life if I had only listened. This day was the day I got warned about march 15th, also known as the Ides of March. It was a beautiful day outside, and I, my wife, and my very close friend Mark Antony, were all at my festival having a wonderful time. I remember this day, as if it where yesterday. I ordered my wife (Calpurnia) to stand where Mark Antony was standing. The reason why, is because I wanted her to run in the traditional footrace of the Lupercal, so she can have a fun time. As I watched the race, I heard someone calling to me from a distance.  I turned around to see who it was. It was a soothsayer (fortuneteller) warning me to “ Beware the Ides Of March”. I foolishly looked away and ignored him. This day was not only the day in which I got warned. Ah yes, i got warned many other times as well. And as a fool, I still did not listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment