About Me

My photo
I am the emperor of Rome. I can be imperious,am easily flattered, very superstitious, and ambitious to become the king of the Roman state.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Death:

                             Julius Caesar's Grave Stone.         

    This day was a day that I wish I could change.  It was a day,  in which I fell into a trap.  This day was one of those days that I will never forget.  It started out fine as a result of my ignorance, but ended terribly.
   It was early in the morning and I had just arrived at the capitol after an hour driving.  I was honored that I was about to be crowned king of Rome.  Antony stood beside me as I got out of the carriage.  I met up with all my other "friends" and made my way to the stage. I took a deep breath of excitement and braced myself, but before I got any further I saw the soothsayer. I walked up to him. 
   "It's March 15th." I mockingly said. 
  "Yes, Caesar, it is; but the day is not over yet." he replied.  
  Upon hearing his response I became upset.  I was beginning to believe he was just wasting my time, while, in reality, he was trying to save my life.  I walked away and continued up the steps.  As I got further up the stairs, I was stopped yet again, but this time it was not by the soothsayer, but rather by Artimindorus. Artimindorus walked up to me, handed me an envelope, and told me to read it.  He said it was urgent.  I just looked at him
  “Why?” I asked a little annoyed.
  "It's very important, please I need you to read it." he said.  Not caring about what may have been in the envelope I walked away and headed in to the Capitol.  Thousands of people greated me as I made my way in. I began to make my way up to the podium, but before I could reach up to it, to make my speech, Metellus Cimber stopped me by beginning to plead to me to revoke his brothers banishment.  I ignored him and tried to walk away, but before I could Brutus, Casca, and all my other “friends” began to join in on the pleading with Metellus Cimber. All their pleadings began to rise in intensity and when I tried to walk away, from behind (out of nowhere) I felt a sharp knife plunge in to me. I turned around and saw that It was Casca who stabbed me. I began to feel pain, and when I looked down I saw my whole back drenched in blood. Then after about a second all my “friends” except for Brutus, attacked me and began to stab me with their knives. I remember how it felt. It was so painful, and it hurt very much. It felt like I was in a bad dream. I fell on the floor in gasp of air. I then saw Brutus, sweat Brutus. He knelt down beside me and looked at me for about a minute. Thinking that he would help me, he just looked at me then took his knife and plunged it in my heart. The last words that I could cough out to Brutus where, “you too, Brutus”. I was so hurt and shocked to see that Brutus, my best friend that I loved and cared about, was one of those to want to kill me.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment